With the Agam Apaar Beant and Anant Gurparsadi Gurkirpa – Eternal Blessings – of Agam Agochar, Dhan Dhan Paar Braham Parmesar – Agam Agadh Paar Braham Sohey Jo Jo Kahe So Mukta Hoye and Dhan Dhan Baba Ji, a Puran Sant Satguru, A Puran Braham Gyani this kookar of the Gur, Guru and Gursangat is trying to bring out the truth hidden in Gurparsadi Braham Gyan – divine wisdom, based on own personal eternal and spiritual experiences encountered during a deep eternal involvement in the Gurparsadi Gursangat and Gurparsadi Khel to provide some insight in to the truth regarding the soul who is a Gurmukh soul.
A Gurmukh is a soul that has been eternally blessed and stays always in a very high state of eternal and spiritual condition by virtue of the divine qualities that are described in the following Shalok of Gurbani, let us try to understand the real meaning if the Shabad Gurmukh from the following Shalok of the divine wisdom:
The Gurmukh realizes that the True Lord created the creation.
The Gurmukh knows that the Lord has expanded the entire expanse.
One who becomes Gurmukh, understands the True Lord.
Through the True Word of the Shabad, he finds peace. ||9||
The Gurmukh knows that the Lord is the Architect of karma.
Throughout the four ages, he recognizes the Word of the Guru’s Shabad.
The Gurmukh does not die, the Gurmukh is not reborn;
the Gurmukh is immersed in the Shabad. ||10||
The Gurmukh praises the Naam, and the Shabad.
God is inaccessible, unfathomable and self-sufficient.
The Naam, the Name of the One Lord, saves and redeems throughout the four ages.
Through the Shabad, one trades in the Naam. ||11||
The Gurmukh obtains eternal peace and tranquility.
The Gurmukh enshrines the Naam within his heart.
One who becomes Gurmukh recognizes the Naam,
and the noose of evil-mindedness is snapped. ||12||
A Gurmukh soul is the one who :
· has completely understood and taken in God’s Wisdom (Gurmat).
· does all actions and reactions according to Gurmat,
· lives in the Puran Hukam of Dhan Dhan Paar Braham Parmesar
· has completely surrendered Himself to the Gur and Guru.
· has no worldy wisdom of his own, no selfish-mind – only God’s Wisdom and God’s Mind
· has a deep divine understanding of the Eternal Truth about the creations of the Creator,
· has completely understood the Almighty,
· has a complete understanding of the entire universe,
· is totally absorbed in the Truth, meaning absorbed in the Almighty,
· sees, hears, speaks and serves the Truth,
· is always absorbed in the “Sift Slah” – praise of the Almighty, he is always absorbed in the praise of that super power Primal Being, which can’t be seen with the five senses of the human body and mind, Almighty is beyond the reach of human senses.
· has recognized the the Gurparsadi Naam –> “Ik Oankar Satnaam” and has has merged himself into it,
· never dies and is never born again.
The Gurprasadi Naam is also known as God’s Word (the Gurshabad). It has been existant in the four ages, is true now and will remain for ever –
Aad Sach Jugaad Sach Habhi Sach Nanak Hosi Bhi Sach.
Everything else is perishable. A Gurmukh soul never goes in to the cycle of life and death, never dies and is never born again. Because such a soul is absorbed in Dhan Dhan Paar Braham Parmesar, has merged himself in the Gurshabad – Ik Oankaar Satnaam, the Origin, the Seed, from where the entire universe has born.
The universal divine fact is that in all the four ages (Satyug, Treta, Dwapper, and Kalyug) “ Ik Oankaar Satnaam” has been the source of salvation – Jivan Mukti for the entire universe.
Only this Gurparsadi Gurshabad is capable of leading us to the salvation. A Gurmukh soul always remain absorbed in this eternal Gurparsadi Gurshabad – Ik Oankaar Satnaam –
Gurmukh Rome Rome Har Dhyaaey
The Gurshabad is absorbed in every bit of a Gurmukh soul.
Such a soul always remains in the highest level of eternal happiness, complete silence and always enjoys the Naam Amrit in his Hirda, the Naam is absorbed in His Hirda. Only a Gurmukh soul can recognize this divine Gurshabad, which is the source for salvation.
The Gurparsadi Gurshabad Naam – “Ik Oankaar Satnaam” is the only one which will :
· remove all the Durmat – the bad deeds, our bad actions, our actions which are anti-Gurmat, and not in accordance with the divine wisdom,
· clean us up from inside,
· make our mind and soul pious,
· make us capable of winning over our mind, which means winning over Panj Doots, because they control our mind and soul otherwise, the source of Durmat and Sansarik Mat is the Panj Doot and the fire of desires,
· relieve us from these mental sicknesses,
· make us into a Gurmukh soul.
A Gurmukh soul will uproot all these evil forces.
The Gurmukh wells up from, and then merges back into Truth.
He does not die and take birth, and is not consigned to reincarnation.
The Gurmukh remains forever imbued with the color of the Lord’s Love.
Night and day, he earns a profit. ||13||
The Gurmukhs, the devotees, are exalted and beautified
in the Court of the Lord.
They are embellished with the True Word of His Bani,
and the Word of the Shabad.
Night and day, they sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord,
day and night, and they intuitively go to their own home. ||14||
The Perfect True Guru proclaims the Shabad;
night and day, remain lovingly attuned to devotional worship.
One who sings forever the Glorious Praises of the Lord, becomes immaculate;
Immaculate are the Glorious Praises of the Sovereign Lord . ||15||
The True Lord is the Giver of virtue.
How rare are those who, as Gurmukh, understand this.
Servant Nanak praises the Naam;
he blossoms forth in the ecstasy of the Name of the self-sufficient Lord. ||16||2||11||
Gurmukh is a soul which
· is born only to stay at the Charans of the Guru,
· completely surrenders himself to the Gur and Guru,
· is born to be absorbed in the complete Truth, complete silence, in Param Jyot, in Nirgun Saroop of Dhan Dhan Paar Braham Parmesar,
· is merged in the Akal Purakh and will never be born again so he will never die again
· is a Jivan Mukt, is relieved of the cycle of life and death.
· is always in the eternal state of happiness, the true eternal blessings and the true eternal happiness,
· can’t be distracted by the worldly Maya things,
· always stays in complete eternal enjoyment – Sat Chit Anand,
· is always respected in the Dargah of Dhan Dhan Paar Braham Parmesar.
· has the indestructible divine wisdom available to them
· remain absorbed day and night in singing and reciting the praise of Akal Purakh and so they make their life sublime by achieving salvation.
The Gurparsadi Gurshabad, which is Gurparsadi Naam – “Ik Oankaar Satnaam” is given by a Puran Sant Satguru. The souls who get themselves absorbed in such a Gurparsadi Gurshabad achieve the purpose of their life, they achieve salvation. Such a soul :
· is absorbed in the Gurshabad and in the praise of Akal Purakh on a daily basis
· achieves their objective of salvation,
· is relieved of the cycle of life and death,
· becomes Jivan Mukt,
· live a very pious and truthful life,
· sees, speaks, hears and serves The Truth
Such eternal blessings are only given by Akal Purakh Himself. And only a soul which is born to become a Gurmukh can understand this Gurparsadi game, this divine play.
The soul which praises this Gurparsadi Gurshabad – Gurparsadi Naam – “Ik Oankaar Satnaam” and become absorbed in it, is always in a state of eternal happiness, nothing can distract Him. Only a soul like that can be called a Gurmukh.
Dhan Dhan Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is full of such diamonds and priceless jewels of divine wisdom. They show us a path to the discovery of the Truth. Of how to become truthful and to be able to see, speak, hear and serve the Truth. These gems of divine wisdom shown in the above verses from SGGS have been very kindly given to us by the Gurbani. They tell us how pious and what level of spirituality the soul of a Gurmukh is at.
However, this word “Gurmukh” has been and continues to be used by the masses in an incomplete and untrue sense. Let us understand the divinity hidden in this word. It shows a very high spiritual and eternal condition of a soul and let us pledge ourselves to try to stop misusing the word Gurmukh. We should instead evaluate ourselves in light of the above divine wisdom, and try to become a Gurmukh ourselves.
The key to become a Gurmukh and the key to the Dargah is the Gurparsadi Gurshabad – Gurparsadi Naam – Ik Oankaar Satnaam, which is given by a Puran Sant Satguru, a Puran Braham Gyani. Let us pray to the Almighty to bless us with this Gurparsadi Gurshabad – Gurparsadi Naam – Ik Oankaar Satnaam, which only can lead us to the salvation – Jivan Mukti.
Dassan Dass (Slave Of God’s Slaves)