QUESTION PART 1: Dassan Das Ji, I would like your wisdom on the following excerpt from gurbani.
“WHATEVER HAPPENS IN THIS WORLD
IS ONLY BY THE ORDER OF OUR LORD AND MASTER. ||2||"
ANSWER : None of the wisdom belongs to this kookar of the Gur, Guru and Gursangat, all the wisdom belong to Gur and Guru, the divine wisdom is nobody’s property. It is only the property of Dhan Dhan Paar Braham Parmesar. This loonharami kiram jant is just a little insect and is trying to disseminate among the Gur Sangat of whatever Almighty is telling us to do, everything that happens is under the will of God, we will try to answer your questions in the following text, please feel free to communicate:
HUKME ANDER SABH KOI BAHAR HUKAM NAA KOYE,
NANAK HUKME JEY BHUJE TAA HAUME KAHE NAA KOYE
The Gyan hidden in this shalok is to tell us that it is not us that prevail, and by us we mean our body and mind, because mind is also a creation of the Panj Tat, it is a part of the body – EH MUN PANJ TAT TE JANMAA, it is the God that prevails, it is not me, my and mine that prevails, it is the truth that prevails, and the biggest and the most pious and pure truth is Akal Purakh and everything else is perishable so He prevails, His Naam – Satnaam prevails.
If we recognize that nothing is under our control, here again our means our mind & body, and everything that happens is under His control, then we will delete the Munmat from our inner self, and that will be the death of our haume, and that is what we need to do to achieve salvation. If the birth and death of a person is under His Hukam –
JAMNA MARNA HUKAM HAI BHANE AAWE JAYE,
that means the air we are breathing in and out of ourselves, or our breathing is under His control, than what else remains. The birth starts with breathing and death comes when the breathing stops. The human life is due to the divine Jyot inside us:
HAR TUDH MEH JYOT RAKHEE TAA TU JUG MEH AAYEAA,
and the moment this Jyot is withdrawn by the Braham the death of the body comes, and the Jyot is transferred to another body and this is how the cycle of life and death continues. The life part of our body is therefore, the Jyot, and it is this Jyot that keeps our body functioning and as soon as the Jyot is withdrawn the death disintegrates the body back in to five elements it was built from, and each element goes back to it in the universe.
This shalok provides us with a very deep divine knowledge – Puran Braham Gyan, if we recognize this shlok in its completeness, and bring that in to our daily lives, then that itself will give us Jivan Mukti –
HUKAM BHOOJ PARAM PAD PAYEE.
The other shalok also means and confirms that everything is in His Hukam, whatever bad or good we do is under His Hukam, He is present in everyone of us and is causing us to do all kinds of deeds all the times. Keeping silent or speaking is also under His Hukam. All good or bad things we do in our daily lives are under His Hukam only.
AKHAN JOR CHUPPAI NAA JORE
JORE NAA MANGAN DEN NAA JORE
JORE NAA JIVAN MARAN NAA JORE
JORE NAA RAAJ MAAL MUN SORE
Whether we speak or remain silent is under His will, giving and receiving is also under His will, life and death is also His will, all material things we get for our living is also under His control. This is to reinforce the basic divine law of Hukam as described earlier.
We have discussed it earlier in one of our articles and we will repeat the same again for the Sangat to understand these divine laws better to help us kill our haume:
1. Our body is operated by five senses, all our actions and reactions take a final shape through our body parts, and these actions and reactions are created as a feed back from five senses – Panj Gyan Indrey
2. The Five Senses are directed by our mind, if the mind operates under the control of Panj Doots, which is true for a common person, then the action and reaction that five senses direct to the body and whatever body does as a result of that will result in an untrue deed – Asat Karam, and so whatever you sow you will have to reap – JEHA BEEJEY SO LUNEY
3. The mind is directed by the wisdom we have, the wisdom tells us what we should do and what not, and mind it, this is our own wisdom, which is a Munmat for a common person, because he is operating under the influence of Panj Doots. Mostly we will argue within ourselves, based on our own knowledge earned by way of our education by various means. As a result of our own wisdom we are not completely knowledgeable to differentiate in Sat and Asat karams, this way some of our deeds become Sat Karams and yet some other Karams become Asat Karams – and we are rewarded for our Sat Karams but we have to pay later for our Asat Karams – again JEHA BEEJEY SO LUNEY.
4. There is a Jyot sitting our inside which is Almighty’s Ans – portion of divinity – HAR TUDH MEIN JYOT RAKHEE TAAN TU JAG MEIN AYEA. Due to darkness shield created by Panj Doots between this divine light with in us and our Gyan Inderey – five senses, the five senses can’t operate under this divine light, so they operate under our own wisdom, resulting again in Sat and Asat Karams. But at the same time if our five senses operate all the time under this divine light then all our deeds will be Sat Karams, and we will not be left to pay for our Asat Karams in our remaining or next life. This way we will be able to pay off all our debts of Asat karams slowly and slowly and our Karam Kaand Ka Lekha Jokha will be completed. And once you reach this stage then that is the end of our life and death cycle.
Now the question remains how does the five senses come under direct control of the divine light. For achieving this the self wisdom and mind will have to be eliminated from the chain of command we just discussed –
BRAHAM GYANI AHAM BUDH TYAGAT.
Again everything is under Hukam and that is why it is a Gurparsadi Game – without the Kirpa of Akal Purakh it can’t be achieved, but if we keep on trying to do Sat Karams then one day He will definitely bless us with His Kirpa and get us involved in the Gurparsadi Game by some means. Gurparsadi Hukam is the Highest Level of Dargahi Hukam and THIS IS NAAM HUKAM and is received by and blessed upon a very few people, and it is a result of all our Sat Karams or Punn Karams, and remember here the biggest and highest level of a Sat Karam and Punn Karam is –
PRABH KA SIMRAN SABH TE UNCHA.
Only Gurparsadi Naam and our complete and full honoring of this Dargahi Hukam will get us out of this mess we are in – cycle of life and death. If we follow this Dargahi Hukam with complete and full commitment and belief then we can be successful in eliminating our mind and own wisdom and become under the direct control of Param Jyot, and become a Jivan Mukt. Such people become a Sant, a Braham Gyani, a Khalsa and all their deeds are true, they always serve the truth, and that is the highest service of Akal Purakh. Let us make a sincere effort to move on this Path that leads to the Truth and become a completely truthful person – a Khalsa.
QUESTION PART 2: Please explain the following excerpt from gurbani.
“HE THINKS THAT GOOD AND BAD DEEDS COME FROM HIMSELF;
THIS IS THE SOURCE OF ALL EVIL.||3||”
ANSWER: This part of your question has also been addressed in the above text in fair detail, but we will add a few more words to be more explicit.
All our actions, reactions, thoughts, deeds that we conduct on a daily basis, that we conduct on every moment of our life are executed under the influence of the three qualities of Maya:
· Tamo – Kaam Krodh Lobh Moh Ahankaar Nindya Chugli Bakhili Raj Joban Dhan Maal roop Rus Gandh Sparash;
· Rajo: all desires – Asa Trishna Mansha;
· Sato: Dharam, Daya, Santokh, Sanjam Daan;
The deeds conducted under the influence of Rajo and Tamo qualities of Maya will to a large extent, you can say for all practical purposes can be defined as Asat Karams – the untrue deeds. These untrue deeds will determine what you are sowing at the present time. And whatever you sow at the present time you will have to reap in the future. This future can be this life’s future or in the coming lives future as well. Meaning that whatever you have sowed in the previous lives you are reaping now, the deeds accumulated under the third quality of Maya – Sato, means are the true deeds, but if done without the haumai, if the haumai comes in if the ego takes over the deed becomes untrue, so when we accumulate such true deeds under the Sato quality of Maya we are sowing good and so we will reap good in the future, and once we continue sowing more good deeds than bad deeds, we continue to accumulate good deeds and then a time comes when we get Eternal Blessings due to our good deeds and at that level we get picked up by the Almighty to do only good deeds, this is called Gur Parsaad, and then our efforts are directed towards more and more concentration on doing Bandgi, we get blessed with Gur Parsaadi Naam and that is when our real Bandgi starts, when our soul is instituted in Karam Khand.
Please take some time to read this stuff, you may not understand it in one reading but repeated readings will make this divine wisdom go inside you.
Thanks to the Gur and Guru for your kind message, for providing us an opportunity to be of some help to the Gur Sangat like you.