The one who knows the True Lord God, is called the True Guru.
In His Company, the Sikh is saved, O Nanak, singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. ||1||
One whose mind is a home for the Supreme Lord God
– his name is truly Ram Das, the Lord’s servant.
A Puran Satguru is:
1. A Brahmgiani, is a living God, and Akal Purakh resides in His Hirda – He is completely absorbed and united with the Almighty, there is no difference between Paar Braham and a Puran Satguru.
O Nanak, there is no difference between the Holy people and God. ||8||7||
2. A Puran Satguru can rewrite our fate, He can change our fate, He can give us all kinds of gifts – Daat, He can bless us with happiness forever.
In the Company of the Holy, no one goes empty-handed.
3. A Puran Satguru can bless us with Gurparsadi Naam, ignite the divine light inside us, He can bless us with the divine light in our mind and Hirda, He can unite us with the Almighty, by virtue of His divine powers, He can create a Brahmgiani like Himself.
The True Guru gives His Sikh the wealth of the Naam.
4. A Puran Satguru can institute with in us the complete silence, complete happiness forever, can implant us with Naam in our mind and Hirda and put us on an autopilot mode – Ajapa Jaap.
Nectar rains down from the glance of the God-conscious being.
5. A Puran Satguru is capable of giving instructions to Dharam Raaj, and Dharam Raaj serves Him.
In the Company of the Holy, all one’s family is saved.
In the Company of the Holy, one’s friends, acquaintances and relatives are redeemed.
In the Company of the Holy, that wealth is obtained.
Everyone benefits from that wealth.
In the Company of the Holy, the Dharam Raj (Judge of all) serves.
In the Company of the Holy, the divine, angelic beings sing God’s Praises.
In the Company of the Holy, one’s sins fly away.
In the Company of the Holy, one sings the Ambrosial Glories.
In the Company of the Holy, all places are within reach.
O Nanak, in the Company of the Holy, one’s life becomes fruitful. ||5||
6. A Puran Satguru is capable of relieving His Sangat from the five vices – Panj Doot, He can also get them relieved from all the worldly ties, and all the misdeeds and sins committed and thereby giving Jivan Mukti to His Jyots – means the Sangat who have been blessed with the internal light – Param Jyot, can be granted salvation by Him. He can also get His Sangat relieved from all the mental sicknesses and physical sicknesses, He is also capable of moving souls from hell to heaven.
In the Company of the Holy, the five passions are brought to rest.
The God-conscious being is the Giver of the way of liberation of the soul.
In the Company of the Holy, all diseases are cured.
7. A Puran Satguru can show the entire universe (brahmanday) within our body (pinday) according to the following quote from Gurbani by Bhagat Peepa Ji:
Within the body, the Divine Lord is embodied.
The body is the temple, the place of pilgrimage, and the pilgrim.
Within the body are incense, lamps and offerings.
Within the body are the flower offerings. ||1||
I searched throughout many realms,
but I found the nine treasures within the body.
Nothing comes, and nothing goes;
I pray to the Lord for Mercy. ||1||Pause||
The One who pervades the Universe also dwells in the body;
whoever seeks Him, finds Him there.
Peepaa prays, the Lord is the supreme essence;
He reveals Himself through the True Guru. ||2||3||
8. A Puran Satguru’s words are Akal Purakh’s words, and they will always come true for granted.
God abides upon the tongues of His Saints.
Guru Nanak speaks – it is confirmed in the Court of the Lord. ||2||6||86||
9. A Puran Satguru can take the souls of His Jyots and show them the beautiful sites of Sach Khand and Dargah of Akal Purakh. He is capable of getting the sun to bow before His Jyots. All the spiritual powers of the Almighty are always at His disposal.
The God-conscious being is the Creator of all the world.
10. A Puran Satguru is a Pargateyo Jyot Himself. He can turn a Crow to a Swan –means He can convert a person who is totally worthless creature – being controlled by five vices – Panj Doots to a Saint.
The True Guru cherishes His Sikh.
The Guru is always merciful to His servant.
The Guru washes away the filth of the evil intellect of His Sikh.
Through the Guru’s Teachings, he chants the Lord’s Name.
The True Guru cuts away the bonds of His Sikh.
The Sikh of the Guru abstains from evil deeds.
The True Guru gives His Sikh the wealth of the Naam.
The Sikh of the Guru is very fortunate.
The True Guru arranges this world and the next for His Sikh.
O Nanak, with the fullness of His heart, the True Guru mends His Sikh. ||1||
11. A Puran Satguru is full of kindness – Dana Dina – always forgives one’s misdeeds and sins. He is always engaged in doing good to other souls – granting salvation to a soul is the highest level of service to the mankind, and that is what He does.
The God-conscious being is steeped in humility.
The God-conscious being delights in doing good to others.
12. A Puran Satguru unites the souls with the Almighty, who have been wandering and departed from the God for ages together. He acts as an attorney to the souls of His Sangat in the Dargah of Akal Purakh.
Shalok, Fifth Mehl:
As I have heard of the True Guru, so I have seen Him.
He re-unites the separated ones with God; He is the Mediator at the Court of the Lord.
He implants the Mantra of the Lord’s Name, and eradicates the illness of egotism.
O Nanak, he alone meets the True Guru, who has such union pre-ordained. ||1||
13. Since a Puran Satguru is completely absorbed in the Almighty, He is always one on one with the God, He is Himself a living God on the earth, therefore, He is infinite like God Himself. It is impossible to describe His all the divine qualities.
The God-conscious being cannot be appraised.
The God-conscious being has all within his mind.
Who can know the mystery of the God-conscious being?
Forever bow to the God-conscious being.
The God-conscious being cannot be described in words.
The God-conscious being is the Lord and Master of all.
Who can describe the limits of the God-conscious being?
Only the God-conscious being can know the state of the God-conscious being.
The God-conscious being has no end or limitation.
O Nanak, to the God-conscious being, bow forever in reverence. ||7||
The above words are based on the actual physical experiences of the writer and other Sangat of Baba Ji. Whatever is written in Gurbani has come true to us. Please forgive the writer for any mistakes.