ME: So after getting intiated aged 18 in 1987, the question in my mind was what’s the technique? Why doesn’t Guru jee tell the technique as well the exact name of god to meditate upon in Gurbani?
Then in 1996 when I went to Yogi Bhajan Ji’s camp. They mentioned the following shabad of Jaidev ji in Gurbani where he mentions a technique
|cha(n)dh sath bhaedhiaa naadh sath pooriaa soor sath khorrasaa dhath keeaa ||
The breath is drawn in through the left nostril;
it is held in the central channel of the Sushmanaa,
and exhaled through the right nostril,
repeating the Lord’s Name sixteen times.
They showed us how to do Bhagat JaiDev Jee’s technique, basically :
1) sit cross legged,
2) use right thumb to press right nostril,
3) breathe in through left nostril,
4) fill up with air.
5) While holding breath pump the stomach in and out, in and out, in and out this counts as 1.
6) Do this 16 times while holding the breath,
7) then press the left nostril with the index finger of right hand and breath out through right nostril.
8) Plus we had to focus on Waheguru manter.
FRIEND: Yeah, yeah, yogi stuff, My husband would love it. Forget techniques. Just give Him your love and He will give you His. Forget women and be His woman, His bride, His Flower, He will Love you, and give you everything… everything! Think I love you 🙂
ME: Yes, if read the rest of the Shabad by Jaidev ji it is all about surrendering to Naam.
I am powerless; my power has been broken.
My unstable mind has been stabliized,
and my unadorned soul has been adorned.
I drink in the Ambrosial Nectar. ||1||