With the Agam Apaar Beant and Anant GurParsaad GurKirpa – Eternal Blessings – of Agam Agochar , Dhan-Dhan Paar Braham Parmesar – "Agam Agaadh Paar Braham Sohey Jo Jo Kahe So Mukta Hoye" and Dhan-Dhan Baba Ji , a Puran Sant SatGuru , a Puran Braham Gyani this Kookar of the Gur and Guru and GurSangat is trying to bring out the truth hidden in GurParsaad Braham Gyan – divine wisdom, based on own personal eternal and spiritual experiences encountered during a deep eternal involvement in the GurParsaadi Sangat and GurParsaadi Khel to provide some insight in to the truth regarding the soul who is a Gurmukh soul.
A Gurmukh is a soul that has been eternally blessed and stays always in a very high state of eternal and spiritual condition by virtue of the divine qualities that are described in the following Shalok of GurBani , let us try to understand the real meaning of the Shabad Gurmukh from the following Shalok of the divine wisdom:
The Gurmukh realizes that the True Lord created the creation.
The Gurmukh knows that the Lord has expanded the entire expanse.
One who becomes Gurmukh , understands the True Lord.
Through the True Word of the Shabad , he finds peace. ||9||
God is inaccessible, unfathomable and self-sufficient.
The Naam , the Name of the One Lord, saves and redeems throughout the four ages.
Through the Shabad , one trades in the Naam . ||11||
The Gurmukh obtains eternal peace and tranquility.
The Gurmukh enshrines the Naam within his heart.
One who becomes Gurmukh recognizes the Naam ,
and the noose of evil-mindedness is snapped. ||12||
A Gurmukh soul is the one who :
· has completely understood and taken in God’s Wisdom (Gur Mat ).
· does all actions and reactions according to Gur Mat ,
· has completely surrendered Himself to the Gur and Guru .
· has no worldly wisdom of his own, no selfish-mind – only God’s Wisdom and God’s Mind
· has a deep divine understanding of the Eternal Truth about the creations of the Creator,
· has completely understood the Almighty,
· has a complete understanding of the entire universe,
· is totally absorbed in the Truth, meaning absorbed in the Almighty,
· sees, hears, speaks and serves the Truth,
· is always absorbed in the “Sift Salah ” – praise of the Almighty, he is always absorbed in the praise of that super power Primal Being, which can’t be seen with the five senses of the human body and mind, Almighty is beyond the reach of human senses.
· Never dies and is never born again.
Everything else is perishable. A Gurmukh soul never goes in to the cycle of life and death never dies and is never born again. Because such a soul is absorbed in Dhan-Dhan Paar Braham Parmesar , has merged himself in the Gur Shabad – Ik Oankaar Sat Naam , the Origin, the Seed, from where the entire universe has born.
Gurmukh Rom-Rom Har Dhyaan / Dhiaavahi
Such a soul always remains in the highest level of eternal happiness, complete silence and always enjoys the Naam Amrit in his Hirda , the Naam is absorbed in His Hirda . Only a Gurmukh soul can recognize this divine Gur Shabad , which is the source for salvation.
· clean us up from inside,
· make our mind and soul pious,
· make us capable of winning over our mind, which means winning over Panj Dhoots , because they control our mind and soul otherwise, the source of Dur Mat and Sansarik Mat is the Panj Dhoots and the fire of desires,
· relieve us from these mental sicknesses,
· make us into a Gurmukh soul.
A Gurmukh soul will uproot all these evil forces.
The Gurmukh wells up from, and then merges back into Truth.
He does not die and take birth, and is not consigned to reincarnation.
The Gurmukh remains forever imbued with the color of the Lord’s Love.
Night and day, he earns a profit. ||13||
The Gurmukh s, the devotees, are exalted and beautified
in the Court of the Lord.
They are embellished with the True Word of His Bani ,
and the Word of the Shabad .
Night and day, they sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord,
day and night, and they intuitively go to their own home. ||14||
The Perfect True Guru proclaims the Shabad ;
night and day, remain lovingly attuned to devotional worship.
One who sings forever the Glorious Praises of the Lord, becomes immaculate;
Immaculate are the Glorious Praises of the Sovereign Lord. ||15||
The True Lord is the Giver of virtue.
How rare are those who, as Gurmukh , understand this.
Servant Nanak praises the Naam ;
he blossoms forth in the ecstasy of the Name of the self-sufficient Lord. ||16||2||11||
Gurmukh is a soul which
· is born only to stay at the Charans of the Guru,
· completely surrenders himself to the Gur and Guru ,
· is merged in the Akal Purakh and will never be born again so he will never die again
· is a Jivan Mukt , is relieved of the cycle of life and death.
· is always in the eternal state of happiness, the true eternal blessings and the true eternal happiness,
· can’t be distracted by the worldly Maya things,
· always stays in complete eternal enjoyment – Sat Chit Anand ,
· has the indestructible divine wisdom available to them
· remain absorbed day and night in singing and reciting the praise of Akal Purakh and so they make their life sublime by achieving salvation.
The Gurparsadi Gur Shabad , which is GurParsaadi Naam – “– Ik Oankaar Sat Naam ” is given by a Puran Sant SatGuru . The souls who get themselves absorbed in such a Gurparsadi Gur Shabad achieve the purpose of their life, they achieve salvation. Such a soul :
· achieves their objective of salvation,
· is relieved of the cycle of life and death,
· becomes Jivan Mukt ,
· live a very pious and truthful life,
· sees, speaks, hears and serves The Truth
The soul which praises this Gurparsadi Gur Shabad – GurParsaadi Naam – “ Ik Oankaar Sat Naam ” and become absorbed in it, is always in a state of eternal happiness, nothing can distract Him. Only a soul like that can be called a Gurmukh .
Dhan-Dhan Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is full of such diamonds and priceless jewels of divine wisdom. They show us a path to the discovery of the Truth. Of how to become truthful and to be able to see, speak, hear and serve the Truth. These gems of divine wisdom shown in the above verses from “SGGS” (Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji ) have been very kindly given to us by the GurBani . They tell us how pious and what level of spirituality the soul of a Gurmukh is at.
However, this word “Gurmukh ” has been and continues to be used by the masses in an incomplete and untrue sense. Let us understand the divinity hidden in this word. It shows a very high spiritual and eternal condition of a soul and let us pledge ourselves to try to stop misusing the word Gurmukh . We should instead evaluate ourselves in light of the above divine wisdom, and try to become a Gurmukh ourselves.
The key to become a Gurmukh and the key to the Dargah is the Gurparsadi Gur Shabad – GurParsaadi Naam – Ik Oankaar Sat Naam , which is given by a Puran Sant SatGuru , a Puran Braham Gyani . Let us pray to the Almighty to bless us with this Gurparsadi Gur Shabad – GurParsaadi Naam – Ik Oankaar Sat Naam ,, which only can lead us to the salvation – Jivan Mukt .
Dassan Dass (Slave Of God’s Slaves)