With the Agam Apaar Beant and Anant GurParsaad GurKirpa – Eternal Blessings – of Agam Agochar , Dhan-Dhan Paar Braham Parmesar – "Agam Agaadh Paar Braham Sohey Jo Jo Kahe So Mukta Hoye" and Dhan-Dhan Baba Ji , a Puran Sant SatGuru , a Puran Braham Gyani this Kookar of the Gur and Guru and GurSangat is trying to bring out the truth hidden in GurParsaad Braham Gyan – divine wisdom, based on own personal eternal and spiritual experiences encountered during a deep eternal involvement in the GurParsaadi Sangat and GurParsaadi Khel to provide some insight in to the truth regarding the soul who is a Gurmukh soul.
A Gurmukh is a soul that has been eternally blessed and stays always in a very high state of eternal and spiritual condition by virtue of the divine qualities that are described in the following Shalok of GurBani , let us try to understand the real meaning of the Shabad Gurmukh from the following Shalok of the divine wisdom:
The Gurmukh realizes that the True Lord created the creation.
The Gurmukh knows that the Lord has expanded the entire expanse.
One who becomes Gurmukh , understands the True Lord.
Through the True Word of the Shabad , he finds peace. ||9||
The Gurmukh knows that the Lord is the Architect of Karma .
Throughout the four ages, he recognizes the Word of the Guru’s Shabad .
The Gurmukh does not die, the Gurmukh is not reborn;
The Gurmukh is immersed in the Shabad .||10||
The Gurmukh praises the Naam, and the Shabad .
God is inaccessible, unfathomable and self-sufficient.
The Naam , the Name of the One Lord, saves and redeems throughout the four ages.
Through the Shabad , one trades in the Naam . ||11||
The Gurmukh obtains eternal peace and tranquility.
The Gurmukh enshrines the Naam within his heart.
One who becomes Gurmukh recognizes the Naam ,
and the noose of evil-mindedness is snapped. ||12||
A Gurmukh soul is the one who :
· has completely understood and taken in God’s Wisdom (Gur Mat ).
· does all actions and reactions according to Gur Mat ,
· lives in the Puran Hukam of Dhan-Dhan Paar Braham Parmesar
· has completely surrendered Himself to the Gur and Guru .
· has no worldly wisdom of his own, no selfish-mind – only God’s Wisdom and God’s Mind
· has a deep divine understanding of the Eternal Truth about the creations of the Creator,
· has completely understood the Almighty,
· has a complete understanding of the entire universe,
· is totally absorbed in the Truth, meaning absorbed in the Almighty,
· sees, hears, speaks and serves the Truth,
· is always absorbed in the “Sift Salah ” – praise of the Almighty, he is always absorbed in the praise of that super power Primal Being, which can’t be seen with the five senses of the human body and mind, Almighty is beyond the reach of human senses.
· has recognized the GurParsaadi Naam –> “Ik Oankaar Sat Naam ” and has merged himself into it,
· Never dies and is never born again.
The GurParsaadi Naam is also known as God’s Word (the Gur Shabad ). It has been existent in the four ages, is true now and will remain for ever –
“Aad Sach Jugaad Sach Habhi Sach Nanak Hosi Bhi Sach ”.
Everything else is perishable. A Gurmukh soul never goes in to the cycle of life and death never dies and is never born again. Because such a soul is absorbed in Dhan-Dhan Paar Braham Parmesar , has merged himself in the Gur Shabad – Ik Oankaar Sat Naam , the Origin, the Seed, from where the entire universe has born.
The universal divine fact is that in all the four ages (Sat Yug , Treta, Dwapper, and Kal Yug ) Ik Oankaar Sat Naam ” has been the source of salvation – Jivan Mukti for the entire universe.
Only this Gurparsadi Gur Shabad is capable of leading us to the salvation. A Gurmukh soul always remain absorbed in this eternal Gurparsadi Gur Shabad – Ik Oankaar Sat Naam –
Gurmukh Rom-Rom Har Dhyaan / Dhiaavahi
The Gur Shabad is absorbed in every bit of a Gurmukh soul.
Such a soul always remains in the highest level of eternal happiness, complete silence and always enjoys the Naam Amrit in his Hirda , the Naam is absorbed in His Hirda . Only a Gurmukh soul can recognize this divine Gur Shabad , which is the source for salvation.
The Gurparsadi Gur Shabad Naam – “– Ik Oankaar Sat Naam ” is the only one which will :
· remove all the Dur Mat – the bad deeds, our bad actions, our actions which are anti-Gur Mat , and not in accordance with the divine wisdom,
· clean us up from inside,
· make our mind and soul pious,
· make us capable of winning over our mind, which means winning over Panj Dhoots , because they control our mind and soul otherwise, the source of Dur Mat and Sansarik Mat is the Panj Dhoots and the fire of desires,
· relieve us from these mental sicknesses,
· make us into a Gurmukh soul.
A Gurmukh soul will uproot all these evil forces.
The Gurmukh wells up from, and then merges back into Truth.
He does not die and take birth, and is not consigned to reincarnation.
The Gurmukh remains forever imbued with the color of the Lord’s Love.
Night and day, he earns a profit. ||13||
The Gurmukh s, the devotees, are exalted and beautified
in the Court of the Lord.
They are embellished with the True Word of His Bani ,
and the Word of the Shabad .
Night and day, they sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord,
day and night, and they intuitively go to their own home. ||14||
The Perfect True Guru proclaims the Shabad ;
night and day, remain lovingly attuned to devotional worship.
One who sings forever the Glorious Praises of the Lord, becomes immaculate;
Immaculate are the Glorious Praises of the Sovereign Lord. ||15||
The True Lord is the Giver of virtue.
How rare are those who, as Gurmukh , understand this.
Servant Nanak praises the Naam ;
he blossoms forth in the ecstasy of the Name of the self-sufficient Lord. ||16||2||11||
Gurmukh is a soul which
· is born only to stay at the Charans of the Guru,
· completely surrenders himself to the Gur and Guru ,
· is born to be absorbed in the complete Truth, complete silence, in Param Jyot , in Nirgun Saroop of Dhan-Dhan Paar Braham Parmesar ,
· is merged in the Akal Purakh and will never be born again so he will never die again
· is a Jivan Mukt , is relieved of the cycle of life and death.
· is always in the eternal state of happiness, the true eternal blessings and the true eternal happiness,
· can’t be distracted by the worldly Maya things,
· always stays in complete eternal enjoyment – Sat Chit Anand ,
· is always respected in the Dargah of Dhan-Dhan Paar Braham Parmesar .
· has the indestructible divine wisdom available to them
· remain absorbed day and night in singing and reciting the praise of Akal Purakh and so they make their life sublime by achieving salvation.
The Gurparsadi Gur Shabad , which is GurParsaadi Naam – “– Ik Oankaar Sat Naam ” is given by a Puran Sant SatGuru . The souls who get themselves absorbed in such a Gurparsadi Gur Shabad achieve the purpose of their life, they achieve salvation. Such a soul :
· is absorbed in the Gur Shabad and in the praise of Akal Purakh on a daily basis
· achieves their objective of salvation,
· is relieved of the cycle of life and death,
· becomes Jivan Mukt ,
· live a very pious and truthful life,
· sees, speaks, hears and serves The Truth
Such eternal blessings are only given by Akal Purakh Himself. And only a soul which is born to become a Gurmukh can understand this Gurparsadi game, this divine play.
The soul which praises this Gurparsadi Gur Shabad – GurParsaadi Naam – “ Ik Oankaar Sat Naam ” and become absorbed in it, is always in a state of eternal happiness, nothing can distract Him. Only a soul like that can be called a Gurmukh .
Dhan-Dhan Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is full of such diamonds and priceless jewels of divine wisdom. They show us a path to the discovery of the Truth. Of how to become truthful and to be able to see, speak, hear and serve the Truth. These gems of divine wisdom shown in the above verses from “SGGS” (Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji ) have been very kindly given to us by the GurBani . They tell us how pious and what level of spirituality the soul of a Gurmukh is at.
However, this word “Gurmukh ” has been and continues to be used by the masses in an incomplete and untrue sense. Let us understand the divinity hidden in this word. It shows a very high spiritual and eternal condition of a soul and let us pledge ourselves to try to stop misusing the word Gurmukh . We should instead evaluate ourselves in light of the above divine wisdom, and try to become a Gurmukh ourselves.
The key to become a Gurmukh and the key to the Dargah is the Gurparsadi Gur Shabad – GurParsaadi Naam – Ik Oankaar Sat Naam , which is given by a Puran Sant SatGuru , a Puran Braham Gyani . Let us pray to the Almighty to bless us with this Gurparsadi Gur Shabad – GurParsaadi Naam – Ik Oankaar Sat Naam ,, which only can lead us to the salvation – Jivan Mukt .
Dassan Dass (Slave Of God’s Slaves)